AASHTO’s SICOP Talks Winter Ops podcast is back with new episodes for 2021. Check out the latest episode, and catch up on podcasts you may have missed:
- Let’s Break the Ice (Episode 44): Jed Falgren and Jeff Perkins of Minnesota DOT talk about mechanical ice breakers, which make short work of ice pack without the need for chemical deicers. February 2021. Podcast.
- What’s New in FHWA Road Weather Management? (Episode 43): Updates from David Johnson and Tony Coventry of FHWA’s Road Weather Management Program. November 2020. Podcast.
- What’s Up with the Weather? (Episode 42): Mike Alger, chief meteorologist at KTVN-TV in Reno, Nevada, sheds light on weather phenomena like the polar vortex and atmospheric rivers and discusses what they mean for maintenance crews. October 2020. Podcast.
- The Latest Word on Alternate Methods for Deicing (Episode 41): Laura Fay from the Western Transportation Institute at the University of Montana talks about her recently completed Clear Roads project, Alternative Methods for Deicing. The report helps maintenance managers better understand the performance and impacts of various alternative deicing methods. October 2020. Podcast.
- Webinar: 5th State Showcase – Successful Maintenance Training in a Virtual Environment. October 2020. Webinar recording (72 min.).
- Smart Salting for Sustainability (Episode 40): Connie Fortin of Fortin Consulting discusses environmental considerations for a sustainable winter maintenance program. September 2020. Podcast.
- COVID Impacts on Maintenance Operations (Episode 39): Leaders of the AASHTO Maintenance Committee’s Maintenance Operations Technical Working Group discuss the adjustments their agencies have made in maintenance operations in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. With Brad Darr of North Dakota DOT, Rebecca Allmeroth of Missouri DOT and Emily McGraw of North Carolina DOT. August 2020. Podcast.
- Winter Service by Contract (Episode 38): Frank Rizzardo of British Columbia-based maintenance contractor Emcon Services discusses winter maintenance from a contractor’s perspective and shares how one agency transitioned to contracting out highway maintenance work. August 2020. Podcast.
Comments are closed.